With Minnesota as my home base, I have also lived in California, Florida, Italy, Norway, Jordan, Greece, and Utah. I enjoy the outdoors, traveling, foreign languages, and connecting with people from around the globe. I fell in love with Arabic and the Middle East my first semester of college and never looked back. I proceeded to complete a BA in Middle Eastern/Studies Arabic and an MA in Second Language Teaching at Brigham Young University. Most importantly, however, I am very excited to continue sharing my enthusiasm for Arabic and the Middle East with your wonderful students!
Why Study Arabic?
· Arabic is a critical language with a lot of developmental and professional opportunities
· Arabic is also a beautiful language (spoken and written)
· The Middle East (full of Arabic-speaking countries) is a very important region geographically, historically, politically, and socially, with a rich culture and history that is full of wonderful people
· Create a structured, comfortable, and student-centered environment
· Immerse students into the language and culture
· Integrate technology and hands-on activities into language and culture learning
· Provide plenty of opportunities for student success
· Encourage student participation and collaboration
· Instill an understanding and love of Arabic, Middle Eastern cultures and people
· Engage students with fun
· Inspire life-long learning
· Respect and kindness towards yourself, other students, the teacher, and surrounding environment/materials. Always.
· Arabic, Arabic Arabic. Our class is 100% in Arabic.
· Mistakes are welcome and are to be learned from. I expect nothing less than your best!
· Work together as a team to achieve our goals. Leave no one behind!